Get Close to Nature at Woodland h
With fun-filled forest themed activities including bushcraft, bug hunts and bee house building, Woodland h is the perfect place for all ages to discover the mysterious magic of the New Forest.
Tucked away behind the main entertainment complex at Hoburne Bashley, you’ll find our woodland cabin, Woodland h. With handmade bee and bug houses hanging outside, you’ll know you’re in the right place!
Plus, our friendly Woodland Supervisor, Simon is bound to be around and waiting to welcome you – that’s if he’s not busy caring for the woodland or appearing as his alter ego, Jack O’ The Green!
What’s going on at Woodland h?
Our activity sessions are both educational and extremely fun! We welcome participants both young and old to unleash their wild side and get hands-on with nature.
Take a look at the amazing woodland activities we have on offer:
- Bushcraft* - Includes building shelters, fire lighting and marshmallow roasting.
- Bug hunts* - Look down in the soil and up in the trees to see if you can find some weird and wonderful creatures.
- Build a bee house* - Build a house for solitary bees that you can take home for your garden or give as a handmade gift.
- Wands and walking sticks* - Make your very own magic wand or walking stick with a little help from Simon, who is a dab hand at turning sticks into something wonderful.
- Storytelling with Jack O’ The Green* - Come and meet Jack, our woodland dweller storyteller for tales of the woods – including fairies, escaped gorillas and naughty trees.
- Guided walks in the New Forest* - Stroll through some of the most stunning landscapes of the New Forest National Park and learn about its history with our woodland expert, Simon.
So, what are you waiting for? If you go down to the woods today, you’re in for a big surprise… a whole new world to be explored!
You don’t need to be staying at Hoburne Bashley to visit Woodland h either. We also welcome guests from Hoburne Naish and Hoburne Park, both within a 20-minute drive or a hop on a bus away!
Find out more about the woodland and our Woodland h activities today.